With the pandemic, I’m not getting out to photograph as much as I have previously. I miss it. So I wrote about a favorite photo of my granddaughter: I remember the joy of seeing you all dressed up, marching across the yard with a little flag in hand. I missed our normal July 4 this year, but I’m hopeful to see you will light up the sky again next year.
- With Object Selection Tool, outline subject from background.
- With the ants marching around the subject, click layer mask icon.
- Adjust mask in properties panel and refine directly on the mask with a small round hard brush.
- Place extraction above framed mask layer from file 2 of MultiMedia Salute No. 1.
- Clip solid paper 1 from ArtPlay Palette Salute to mask.
- Place transfer 2 from ArtPlay Palette Salute above paper and clip to mask.
- Recolor glow and flower with Hue and Saturation layer.
- Place Transfer 6 from ArtPlay Palette Salute above solid paper 1. Blend mode Normal
- Place Overlay 2. Blend mode Normal.
- Place Lace from ArtPlay Palette Salute to left of frame.
- Place Transfer 3 and change the blend mode to Linear Burn. Adjust color of blue with a Hue and Saturation adjustment layer.
- Add layer mask to Transfer 6 to mask out overlapping parts to keep color as desired.
- Place text from Salute WordART Mix No. 1 just above the paper. Change to Linear Burn Blend mode at 50% opacity.