Kate and I walked to school this morning. As she reached out her hand to hold mine, she talked about hoping her bestfriend, Gabriella, was in her class. There were no noisy lines of kids standing behind teachers holding signs. I reminded her to wear her mask and to wash her hands often as she waved and walked through the door.
After school, I called Kate on FaceTime to see how her first day
went. Kate said she sat next to Gabriella in class. “Like right next
to her?” I asked. “No,” Kate responded. “We spread out our arms
and if we could touch fingers we had to move further away.” She
told me she liked PE best because they played games.
- Open template 4 from 12 x 12 Stitched Templates No. 2.
- Turn off stitching layer.
- Lengthen the mask on the left to correspond with the height of the title.
- Clip photos to masks.
- Adjust with Adjustment Layers as needed.
- Convert one photo to black and white with Adjustment Layer.
- Remove mask below journaling.
- Place layers of file 3 from MultiMedia Documents No. 2 below the black and white photo.
- Adjust width to fit the title and journaling block.
- Turn off layers not needed.
- Move the UrbanThreadz layer to line up with title.
- Place layers of file 2 of MultiMedia School No. 1 to the side of the journaling.
- Reduce size of layers to 85%.
- Turn off thread layer.
- Above the multimedia leaves, place pencil from ArtPlay Palette Axiom. Recolor and give it a shadow.
- Place chalkboard from ArtPlay Palette Time. Add name.
- Place pencil shaving from ArtPlay Palette Studious. Recolor and mask as needed.
- Place mask 3 from 12×12 Page FotoBlendz No. 2 just above the background layer.
- Clip two copies of graph paper from ArtPlay Palette Studious to mask. Change the blend mode of the top layer to Hue.
Going to school during a COVID-19 pandemic doesn’t seem to bother Kate at all, not like it bothers me.