With the need to stay home now, I’m experimenting more in the kitchen. I made a new recipe for marinara last week. I bought some frozen zucchini noodles and a little box of pasta for Bill. The marinara was very good, but the frozen zoodles were mushy. I probably microwaved them too long. That $4 bag was not even enough for one of us.
It didn’t take a long search online for me to find just the right tool. A young woman at Target brought it right out to my car that afternoon.
My new toy easily cut long noodles. Then I sauteed a T of butter, T of olive oil, shallots, garlic, red pepper, 1/4 cup white wine, 3T lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, shrimp and the zucchini noodles in a skillet. I knew I had a winner when Bill said the zucchini noodles were better than pasta. He wants them again
Template and Photos
- Open file 3 from Simple FotoBlendz Album No. 4 and place on a new blank 12×12 document.
- Reduce the size of all layers except the text boxes.
- Shift the layers to the right.
- Delete stain layers as desired or clip a photo to the stain. (I deleted one stain, clipped the photo to two and recolored one.
- Adjust journaling.
- Clip photos to small frames and FotoBlendz mask.
- Place button below the thread and add a drop shadow.
- Open file 3 from Artsy Transfers Delicious.
- Place below the template layers.
- Delete and/or mask layers that conflict with the template design.
- Place Transfer 11 from ArtPlay Palette Delicious on the right.
- Add two copies of Overlay from ArtPlay Palette Delicious, one on the left below the title and the other on the right.
- Place word art from StoryStarters WordART Mix No. 2.
- Add a color overlay to the wood word art. Change blend mode to Multiply at 100%. Add a drop shadow.
I’ve got to say there are two new things I’m loving about being home: pick up at Target and this Spiralizer. I bought some butternut squash to try next with my new marinara recipe.